Learn Together Through Reflection
The word reflection summarises our vision for The Mease. This is our aim for everyone at The Mease, regardless of whether they are an adult or a child.
Reflection supports our children to attain highly in readiness for success in secondary school and beyond. It helps us to develop ‘personal excellence’. We aim for ALL children to achieve their personal best, regardless of their background or starting point, through the teaching and modelling of values and skills, including REFLECTion. These 7 core principles will drive and shape every aspect of school life:
Life Long Learning
This motto unlocks the seven core principles of The Mease Spencer Academy –
All children need to be able to respond confidently to the changes or uncertainties they may face in their lives. Through encouraging the development of self-motivation, determination and personal well-being, we will ensure that our children can take risks and have an abundance of bounceupability.
School should be a fun place to be and we will do all we can to ensure every child is happy! By actively participating in all that is on offer, we hope children will go home and tell their parents about each day. During their time with us, we would want our pupils to collect friends and memories that will last them a life time!
We may be a small school but we are part of a huge family! Not only will we open our doors to our children and parents in our community of Hilton, we will be part of the Hilton Primary Family and the wider Spencer Family! We will be working together as a team to get the best for everyone in our community.
By providing children with rich and rewarding learning experiences, we will aim to inspire a lifelong love of learning, grow minds and equip children with the key knowledge, understanding, skills and personal qualities they will need to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Our job is to support our children to become successful and independent learners throughout their lives.
We want your children to be as good as they can be to reach their full potential. We want them to be proud of all they do. We have high expectations for everyone – both academically and socially – and look forward to sharing and celebrating the children’s many achievements!
It is vital to ensure that everyone – children, parents and staff – actively working together to deliver our curriculum and much more in a safe, caring and positive environment. We aim for your children to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, confidently and responsibly. Everyone has a voice at The Mease!
Stephen Covey (An American Educator) said “Trust is the glue of life.” Trust enables children and adults to feel supported, secure and confident. It helps to build confidence and mutual respect and enables everyone to work together collaboratively. Trust is therefore an essential ingredient at The Mease.
We aim for children to leave The Mease as successful learners, full of memories and ready for the next stage of their education. We will have staff too who may also be ready for the next stage of their career due to the opportunities they will have to grow themselves, through The Mease and through the Spencer Trust.
- To create a happy, secure, stable and caring environment in which children can develop to their full potential.
- To meet the needs of every child. The REFLECT curriculum at The Mease will be relevant, engaging and connected. It will be enriched by visits and visitors with WOW experiences built in.
- To provide varied and challenging learning experiences in order to help pupils develop lively, inquiring minds, to be creative and to expand their intellectual capacities.
- To develop a child’s independence and personal responsibility in the learning situation, so that with encouragement, they become self-disciplined, well-motivated and best equipped towards fulfilling their individual potential.
- To provide a sound foundation in English, Maths and computing skills and to foster attitudes towards these disciplines so that pupils can use these skills efficiently and effectively.
- To provide opportunities so that children can gain a wide knowledge, experience and understanding across the curriculum. In doing so, they will develop, use and apply language, mathematical and creative skills, which will enable them to gain and understand new information.
- To impart moral values, including tolerance of all religions races and ways of life, as well as fostering international links. We encourage children to relate positively with others and to take responsibility for their own actions.
- To provide opportunities for children to achieve a ‘personal excellence’.
- To provide highly professional, caring and effective teaching staff who can bring to their teaching knowledge and experience of the society in which we all live.
- Opportunities for staff to develop their own practice with support of the Research School.
- To ensure that we provided continued professional development opportunities for the Trust and Teaching Alliance to help staff to continue to develop themselves and provide the highest quality teaching and learning opportunities for the children.
- To provide a support service that will enable all staff to work effectively and to provide a good working environment for the children.
- To promote positive partnership between child, teacher, parent, governor and the community.